“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” Gratitude quotes like this one by William Arthur Ward help us remember what Thanksgiving is all about!
In a couple days, we will celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday with our families. From the youngest to the oldest around our table, we will share what we are thankful for. Then we’ll pause to give thanks for our blessings.
We want you to know that you are among our greatest blessings! Thank you for reading our posts, sharing your insights and inviting us to work with your people!
William Arthur Ward’s sentiment is one of several gratitude quotes featured on SmallBusiness.com. Look here for the full list. Here are the top 10.
10 Gratitude Quotes
- “O Lord that lends me life, lend me a heart replete with thankfulness!”
William Shakespeare, Henry VI
- Thankfulness is the tune of angels.
Edmund Spenser (1895)
- “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good.”
- “Thanks are justly due for things got without purchase.”
- “That possession which we gain by the sword is not lasting; gratitude for benefits is eternal.”
Quintus Curtius Rufus
- “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”
William Arthur Ward
- “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.”
- “If you count all your assets, you always show a profit.”
- “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.”
John F. Kennedy
#thankfulthursday #thanksgiving2019 #gratitudequotes #countyourblessings #grateful #gratitude #givethanks #happythanksgiving
2019 marks 31 years in business for Phil — here are some of his thoughts on that milestone. Happy Thanksgiving!
How to Manage Your Manager
Too often good employees and good leaders have good intentions, yet they find themselves at a disconnect. So what can you do when you find you need to manage your manager? One of our viewers shared this scenario and asked this question… “I’m a very goal-driven person, and I have things I want to accomplish in my […]
Setting Better Expectations with Your Team
Could you be setting better expectations with your team? If you’re looking to improve performance, starting with baseline expectations may be the next right step for you. In Episode 10 of The Man & The Millennial Show, we offer you five questions to help you get better results by setting better expectations. #settingexpectations #betterexpectations #employeeengagement […]
World-Class Service & The Masters Who Create It
During my 30+ year professional speaking career, I’ve enjoyed a number of incredible, world-class service experiences. But my experience from twenty years ago this week is hard to top. In 2002, I spent 10 days working as a “paid volunteer” at The Masters Championship at Augusta National Golf Club. A tough job, but somebody’s got to […]